Take your career to the next level!
Connect and learn from other professionals!
Enjoy access to year-round professional development programs, events, networking, mentoring and much more!
Be part of the Excitement – Stand Up and Join Us!
“Stand Up” Professional Seminars
Designed for Emerging Professionals
Recap of Stand Up Event #2
Thank you for attending our second Stand Up event on January 29th! We were so glad to see you and participate with Ellen’s motivational presentation. We also hope you are enjoying your swing tote! Don’t forget to wear it proud! STAND UP for what you believe in even if it means standing alone.
One of the crucial components of today’s leadership is to inspire a team or group to work, learn, and engage together in a collaborative way. We were so lucky to have Ellen Castro share several ways to build trust, sensational teamwork, innovation, and leadership. Have you had the chance to read her book yet? Spread the word as this book is a MUST have. We hope that your inner spirit of excellence resurrected! Now, go conquer the world..it needs you!
Here are the top 3 takeaways:
- I see you (Avatar) - Ellen stated that commitment is your integrity. Everything you do…someone is watching! Always look interested and have self-respect. Make sure you exhibit what you stand for and BE YOURSELF!
- I am a winner and I HAVE nothing to prove! Your power comes from within you. Be confident and assertive. Don’t walk around with a forehead sticker: “I am a loser, LOVE ME” – DO NOT underestimate your abilities.
- Change your thoughts; change your world -”Impossible is an opinion.” Change your state of mind and attitude. It’s not about being perfect, but about spirited excellence. “Don’t let your emotions hold you hostage, reach for the stars!”
Click here to learn more about HWNT Dallas’ Stand Up Initiative
Upcoming Stand Up Professional Development Boot Camp Series
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THE NEXT STAND UP EVENT!
Mentors & Sponsors: Paving the Path to Success
Tuesday, April 29 6:30 to 8:30 PMLocation to be announced
So we ask, what’s the connection between thought leadership, mentorship and sponsorship? Find out the benefits of mentorship and sponsorship for your professional or academic career and why both MUST compliment each other. So go ahead, pay it forward – both karmic turn and your promotion is right around the corner. Find out the benefits of sponsorship for your professional or academic career.Registration information to follow soon
The Stand Up program has neither age limits nor invisible barriers that seem to keep one from succeeding. The Stand Up program will unleash your potential and rejuvenate your inner strength and passion. The Stand Up program will take place, at a minimum, on a quarterly basis providing professional development boot camp series for our emerging professionals to network in a relaxed, social setting. Each event will feature leaders in their respective industry and /or panelists sharing their story of success, how they “stand up” to their goals, their mistakes and advice for our members and guests.2) How often will you have these events? Is it quarterly or monthly?
Planned professional development boot camp events will be quarterly.
Future months are as follows:
- January 29, 2014
- April 2014
- August 2014
- December 2014
*All dates are subject to change and new seminars may be added to support contributing partners and sponsors.
3) What are the benefits to joining Stand Up?
- Take your career to the next level by learning from other leaders and emerging professionals!
- Connect and learn from other professionals through networking and our online directory!
- Enjoy access to professional development programs, events, networking, mentoring and much more!
4) Is this program open to anyone?Yes, the program is open to emerging professionals, men and women of all backgrounds.
5) Is Stand Up an HWNT Dallas chapter program only or is it statewide?
Stand Up is an HWNT Dallas program for the time being, but it may expand beyond the Dallas chapter.
6) Do I have to become a member of HWNT Dallas in order to attend a Stand Up event?
No, this program is open to the community. Because Stand Up is an HWNT Program, HWNT members will be given first priority to attend these events and receive exclusive opportunities. We always have membership forms available to you in case you would like to receive this additional benefit. HWNT membership is open to everyone.
7) How can I get involved in Stand Up?
In order to be a volunteer, you must be a member of HWNT. We have many opportunities for volunteers, so please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know of your interest and how you would like to help.
8) I have an idea for a topic/speaker/panelist for an upcoming event. Who do I contact to submit my idea?
Program Chair Stacey Guillen at email@example.com.
Capturing Moments of January 29th StandUp
October 29, 2013 Stand Up Kick Off: “Put Your Personal Brand to the Test”
Program Chair Stacey Guillen firstname.lastname@example.org